Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maurice W Maurice W is offline

Default dropped kerb

According to Direct.Gov, with regard to a dropped kerb

If your property:

has the frontage directly onto a classified road

is a listed building

is other than a house for a single family (for example, flat,
maisonette, commercial or industrial premises)

then you will need to gain planning permission from your council
before the work can take place.

We're certainly not any of the last 3, but I'm note sure exactly what
point 1 means in terms of

- having the frontage directly onto a classified road.

What is this in laymen's terms. The five houses to the right of us all
have dropped kerbs, so we'd be continuing an existing stretch of
dropped kerb. We're not near a junction, and there's no street
furniture in the way.

And also - ballpark figures on costs? Anyone had it done recently?