Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
Mike Berger Mike Berger is offline

Default balancing a ceiling fan

I had one acting up recently. I removed all the blades and
weighed them. Then I added washers as needed so they were
all within a half gram of each other. Three were fine initially,
one was 2 grams light and one was 4 grams light.

It didn't make it perfect, but it helped an awful lot. I could
probably fine tune it with a more accurate scale.

SteveB wrote:
I don't know why, but there have been a rash of ceiling fans introduced into
my universe, and every one is way out of balance.

What is the way to balance them?

Is there a variable strobe that one can get, mark the blades, and find out
which one is the one that makes the biggest circle?

I've sat here till I'm dizzy pondering the bests approach to this.

Steve