Posted to alt.home.repair
Noel Noel is offline

Default water kit for refrigerator

I've been thinking of buying this fridge that comes with a water
supply box that comes in the freezer compartment of a top freezer
refrig. The salesman said that I could hook it up myself if i purchase
a water kit at any hardware store. I asked if they sold them, he said
no which I thought was unusual. He said it runs about $15. and comes
with a copper tubing. Now, my concern is if I "diy" would those copper
tubing come long enough and is it easy to connect as he said? next to
the fridge is my dishwasher which in turn is connected to my sink next
to it. I can't think how I am going to bypass the dishwasher to get it
to the sink. He said the kit comes with a gadget that when you put on
the tubing, it punctures it so as to get water flowing.