Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Lostgallifreyan Lostgallifreyan is offline

Default LEDs as lamp replacements

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in
u:

Moonlight's color temperature at its highest is about 4000.

I haven't seen a reference for this, but even assuming it is so, it's
still higher than many people here prefer it would seem.

Nice way to test: Take a camera and tripod, do a long exposure shot of a
moonlit scene. Then view the phtot on a monitor in a context you know. I
haven't done this but I think it will bear out the claim that the moon's
light is brownish, as it looks when you look directly at it. The blue comes
from a combination of scattered light and scotopic sensitivity to the blue
part of its spectrum.