Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

Default LEDs as lamp replacements

"Don Klipstein" wrote in message
Moonlight's color temperature at its highest is about 4000.

I haven't seen a reference for this, but even assuming it is so, it's still
higher than many people here prefer it would seem.

Meanwhile, at illumination level so low that color vision does not work
well, color temperature matters less. At illumination levels an order of
magnitude or two or three above that of moonlight, most people like it
warm (lower color temperature).

Which is my point. People simply prefer something, then try to introduce
pseudo scientific rationalisation to claim anybody who disagrees with them
is wrong.

MrT.