Posted to rec.woodworking
mg mg is offline

Default one inch holes in a 4x4 wood post?

Thanks to everyone for your input. The sailor's option certainly
would last a long time, but since I am using relatively think rope
(line), and don't need it to last that long, have decided to go
through the posts - I believe 13/16 inch holes for 3/4 inch line. I
will be attaching it at 4 points on either side, and probably about 6
points on top, through the 2x6 beam. Also, the net is only 5 to 6
feet high. I usually test everything in the yard often and look for
wear, so will keep an eye on the line as well.

Again, thanks for the advice.