Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
carl mciver carl mciver is offline

Default balancing a ceiling fan

"SteveB" wrote in message
I don't know why, but there have been a rash of ceiling fans introduced
into my universe, and every one is way out of balance.

What is the way to balance them?

Is there a variable strobe that one can get, mark the blades, and find out
which one is the one that makes the biggest circle?

I've sat here till I'm dizzy pondering the bests approach to this.

Steve

Most likely the issue isn't always balance, the blades each have a
different twist, or the attach brackets are slightly crooked compared to
each other. I pulled the blades and brackets off of mine, matched the bend
twist of each bracket and put it all back together. It was beautiful. You
can't balance them very well if the blades are out of kilter anyway, as
there are forces other than balance that make it look like it's out of
balance.