Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default power resistor solder post (in search of)

KAOS wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey-

I'm looking for some of these posts that you find cement power
resistors mounted to on PCBs.

They're little hollow posts that are inserted through the bottom of
the PCB that allow the leads of the power resistor to feed through and
solder to the bottom. I assume they're designed to sink a little heat
and allow the resistor to be mounted sturdily above the board level.

Anyway, I (always) have trouble heating them up and removing all the
solder to install new resistors.

Anyone know what these are called, so I can poke around on mouser or
elsewhere for replacements?

Thanks for any assistance-

Kerry

Could you post a pic to some hosting site, or at least some dimensions, as I
don't recognise the description

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England