Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default stone crusher for inlay material

Hi Michael, I usually get mine in 2 oz.bottles, I do get them from a
wood turners club member, or sometimes Lee Valley, if you get a bottle
of thin and one thick, plus a bottle of accelerator, you're all set.

I find that in small checks and splits, wen I use thin CA first and
then thick CA, the thick will flow right in, just try it, you'll see
that wetting with thin CA first, the thick will flow right in after
it.

Not all CA glues are equal, I find the Star brand I get works very
well, Bill's price looks pretty good, but I have no experience with
it.

And don't be to much in a hurry, just go slow, and you'll do fine, one
caveat, don't glue yourself to it ;-))), (nail polish remover will
undo this)

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Jul 11, 4:38 pm, "Michael Faurot"
I find using CA gives me the best clear filling results, mind you this
was not on glass fill, but metal powder and flakes, where the epoxy
really dulled the bright metal color/cheen.

Thanks, I'll give this a try. Is there any particular brand you find
works best or will any generic "super glue" in the CA family provide
clear results?

I'm thinking though that I'll need something like this stuff[1] from
Lee Valley as opposed to those little tubes of super glue.

[1]:http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...at=1,110,42966

remove ".invalid".