Posted to rec.woodworking
BillinDetroit BillinDetroit is offline

Default Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Do not let a Muslim teach you the Bible.

Bill

Very good response Bill. Succinct, to the point, and clearly exposes the
error of the OP.

Thank you, Mark.

That final point was the more important one. I am more concerned about
those who claim to be Christian but do not know what the Bible DOES
teach than I am about a dozen radical Muslims running around waving a
Koran in one hand and an AK-47 in another. You can shoot the radical,
but there doesn't seem to be any end to ignorance.

The particular Muslim above was not even well versed on the Koran
(others here have refuted him from the Sura) -- and knows less about the
Bible. Like many... he's been 'told' what the Bible says and is gullible
enough to believe the lie without checking it. He is zealous, but
without accurate knowledge.

Yeah ... that's mentioned in the scriptures:
(Romans 10:2) . . .For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for
God; but not according to accurate knowledge;

The full thought is found at Romans 10:1-4.

SO, what DOES the Bible have to say about taking things on faith where
there is the means of easily checking them?

(Acts 17:10-12) 10 Immediately by night the brothers sent both Paul and
Silas out to Be·roe€²a, and these, upon arriving, went into the synagogue
of the Jews. 11 Now the latter were more noble-minded than those in
Thes·sa·lo·ni€²ca, for they received the word with the greatest eagerness
of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily as to whether these
things were so. (n.b. they did NOT take Paul at his word!) 12 Therefore
many of them became believers, and so did not a few of the reputable
Greek women and of the men.

About an hour a day for a single year is enough to read it completely.

Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000756-0, 07/12/2007
Tested on: 7/12/2007 1:37:17 AM