Posted to rec.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Bible & Qur'an Say : DO NOT EAT PORK

Odd that an omnipotent god would choose to communicate
with only one or two humans and instruct them to "pass it
along" when said god could easily communicate with each
living being on this planet as well as all the others (I'm
assuming that there are other life forms somewhere out
in the Huge Out There), clearly and concisely and avoid data
loss through retransmission - and the occassional human
additions and interpretations.

In our judicial system, "hear say" (he told me she told him
that he told her . . .) is not admissable evidence. Yet many
place great credence to "he said he said, he said ( continue
on for 500 to 2000 years)" god quotes.

Even when the message is short and to the point "Thou
Shall Not Kill", somebody either didn't get the message,
or dropped the addendums until needed when it was
convenient to mention, for earthly reasons.

Would be a better world if there was just god - with no
religion in between.

As for popes being inflammable, is that why they're never
cremated?

charlie b