Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle Cliff Hartle is offline

Default Questions about a "light gauge steel screwdriver" DW968

Its mostly used for installing drywall and dimpling the paper just right.
The reason it doesn't engage is so you can put the most amount of screws in
the least amount of time. If you have ever seen one used, the installer
doesn't stop the tool they keep the trigger down and just keep putting
screws after screw into the sheet.

"Toller" wrote in message
I needed a couple 12v batteries and the cheapest way to get them was to buy
a DW968.
http://www.toolstoragewarehouse.com/...PROD&ProdID=57

I don't do any light gauge steel framing; any reason I can just use it as
a screwdriver?
The variable clutch is completely different than the ones on Dewalts other
products; any reason for that?
It doesn't engage until you push on it. Why?

Oh, I paid $60 delivered for a new one on eBay. $259.99! Geez...