Posted to alt.home.repair
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default PLEASE DISREGARD THIS QUESTION: I'M AN IDIOT

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:16:01 -0400, "CompleteNewb"
wrote:

I made a real bonehead mistake, and after some crawling around and prying
things apart, I see I was wrong about the 2 floor assemblies; the ceiling in
the basement IS the subfloor of the upstairs.

Sorry about that, everybody, but thanks for looking at the post and being
willing to help.

Complete (and I mean COMPLETE) Newb

I bought a 50 year old house with floors about like that. I rented a
big floor sander and sanded out all the bad stuff and then refinished
it with a hard poly finish. It was pretty and everyone liked it.

I hated it. I wanted carpets.