Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default LEDs as lamp replacements

In article , David Harmon wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:10:28 +0000 (UTC) in sci.electronics.basics,
(Don Klipstein) wrote,
Personally, I like more like 3500K at most brighter indoor lighting
levels, closer to 3,000 for dimmer indoor lighting.

Higher color temperature often appears "dreary" unless illumination
level is very high.

Do you put orange gels on your windows?

No, I don't.

But if the light level is neither in kilolux nevels nor a recent uptick
from something lower, I find daylight to usually have no warmth or "cheer".

If the ceiling is dark but the windows are bright, then things can look
cheerful - sometimes - for some reason.

- Don Klipstein )