Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem Markem is offline

Default Roofing repair question

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:23:31 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

Wed, Jul 11, 2007, 1:14pm (EDT-1)
(Markem) doth
query:
The new place has a tin roofed shed, I need to replace all the nails in
the roof with screws (the water proof roofing screws). When walking upon
a tin roof (corrugated steel) can you step off the rafters and not fall
through?

I'm wondering why exactly you need to replace the nails with
screws. Nais not holding? I'd think some caulk would work. But, your
roof, your time, your money, your screws..

The nails have a rubber gasket which are very crumbly, maybe caulk and
that mobile home roof paint seems cheaper.

Thanks Mark