Posted to rec.woodworking
Leuf Leuf is offline

Default Why is it....

Why is it that projects designed to use up scraps end up producing
more than they consume?

I've been on a three week long "use up the scraps" mission. With six
small projects now either complete or ready for finishing I've put a
nice dent in the yellowheart and canarywood scraps but barely
scratched the surface of the oak, maple and pine. And now there is a
new small mountain of baltic birch scraps at the foot of the
workbench, a landslide from which could possibly kill me. The bench
itself is completely covered in all the leftover pieces of scraps cut
to the right thickness for the various projects, and that's not
counting the box I put one set into which is now on the floor.

Another couple weeks of "using up the scraps" and I may not even be
able to get to the bench anymore.

But it's been fun.

-Leuf