Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
v v is offline

Default Broan 684 bathroom fan - Galvanized? NOT!

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 16:25:20 -0000, someone wrote:

I just ordered a replacement 97006987G motor bracket, fan and assembly
for my 23 year old Broan model 684 bathroom fan. The old one was
painted steel, and turned to a bucket of rust.

Can't suck that much if it lasted 23 years.

How many more years are you going to live there?

How long will it take to rust out again? Will any other parts break
before that? I replaced the guts of one of my bathroom fans after 5
years, I'd say your bucket of rust did pretty well for 23.