Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Timer controlled thermostat

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:29:02 -0400, Jim wrote:

But I don't mean your run of the mill programmable type.

Please put what you mean in the text of the post. It's annoying to me
to have to guess what you are talking about, and then to have to hunt
for clues.

Presently we are having very warm and humid days. The central air
conditioning handles this properly. Then late at night as the outside
temperature drops the system doesn't call for cooling as often. Once
again this is normal operation.

But during this time the humidity indoors rises.

My words are only theory, not based on actual AC experience, or even
AC theory, but.... Why would the humidity rise? Did you take a steamy
shower, leave wet towels hanging on a towel bar, make spaghetti, boil
eggs, run the dishwasher, run the dryer with an indoor vent?

Or maybe there is an air leak with the outside. What I don't know is
if it is possible that the humidity would leak in faster than the
temperature. Maybe, but I don't know.

People perspire no matter what, but it's a lot slower if it is cool in
the house. How many people live in your house?

Very good chance the
interior temperature will be stable enough not to call again for air
conditioning for the remainder of the night. Net result being that
sticky feeling.

Wondering if it is possible to find a thermostat, or other computer
controlled device perhaps, that will instruct the air conditioner to
cycle say once every 15 minutes for a 1 minute duration. User

I don't think that would remove any more humitidy than it would cool
in so little time.

adjustable, to assist in controlling the relative humidity without running
for excessive amounts of time.

Anything like this exist?