Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Removing Gum on Dryer Drum

"The Ranger" wrote in message
One of my daughter-units enjoys chewing gum. She's not very diligent in
removing packs from her pockets and often send a packet (or stick) through
the washer. This time, she managed to run it through the dryer, too. High
heat and a "fresh" stick of cinnamon have combined to thoroughly coat the
inside of my dryer's drum. Is there a way of removing the residue without
involving a petroleum product?

The "1 Step forward, 2 back" Ranger

Goo Gone. Orange scented, works well. Found in the "little bottles of weird
cleaners" section of the grocery store, or at a hardware store. While there,
be sure to pick up something for you to snack on while you kick back and
watch the daughter unit clean up the mess. Naturally, you'll unplug the
dryer during this process.