Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
pc pc is offline

Default Broan 684 bathroom fan - Galvanized? NOT!

I just ordered a replacement 97006987G motor bracket, fan and assembly
for my 23 year old Broan model 684 bathroom fan. The old one was
painted steel, and turned to a bucket of rust.

The specification sheet at the Broan web site states that the new 684
"housing" is galvanized (I missed that qualifier... I thought it was
all galvanized.) Not only is the fan bracket not galvanized, but it's
raw freakin' steal with not even a coat of paint. What garbage.
Don't buy one of these.

I need to give the bracket a good coat of primer and paint that will
resist rust. A really good primer. Would 'yall please make some
recommendations about the brand and type of paint and primer I should
use?

I'm looking for something better than Rust-Oleum, and I don't mind
going to an industrial supply house or the internet to get it.

Thanks.

Mac

http://www.broan.com/display/router.asp?ProductID=523