Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AJ AJ is offline

Default Zenith TV - no red color

There may be three descrete video driver devices near the Video Jungle IC.
Probable that one of the devices has failed. Easy to check without any
current attached to the tele, check each one with your DMM. The defective
device will definately have different f/r resistance readings.
"James Sweet" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 9, 10:09 pm, "Mike S." wrote:

The TV seems to be working normally now. It was turned off for about
seven hours and when it was turned back on in the morning, everything
was normal. I wonder if maybe it overheated?

That is a safe bet if it came back afterwards. I expect you might have
a single component on one of the boards that does not like heat.
Troubleshooting it might be a bear unless you are familiar with the
circuit and could go right to the general location of the 'red'
section on the board. If it starts to happen sooner and sooner and at
ever-lower temperatures, that would be indicative of a failing part.

Look at it another way... if it limits your use of the television
somewhat, that is not a bad thing, is it?

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

This is a perfect one for the novice to practice with. Poking around with
a plastic stick (bic pen works) with the set on can usually track down
this sort of issue.