Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.engr.television.advanced
Albert Manfredi Albert Manfredi is offline

Default LEDs as lamp replacements

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Have you never wondered why most prefer the colour temperature of
tungsten
for domestic lighting?

It's not tungsten we prefer, I don't think, but rather a color
temperature that's close to that of a flame. That's what the human race
used for artificial lighting for the very vast majority of its
existence. It shouldn't be surprising that we still find it more comfy
than cold lighting, at night.

My warmest CFLs are now 2700 K. Not bad, but I'd still prefer a little
warmer. The 4100 tube fluorescents we have are not in the least
attractive.

Don Pearce posted this:

Nice chart here

http://www.olympusmicro.com/primer/l...colortemp.html

Candlelight is 2000 K
60W incadescent bulbs are about 2500 K.
100W are slightly cooler, but still well under 3000 K.
Photofloods, which seem quite cool, are around 3500 K.

Nor surprising that something up around 6000 K would be annoying.

Bert