Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default New circular saw help....

On 10 Jul, 16:47, "Leon" wrote:
Since you are upgrading I strongly suggest you tale a look at the Festool
Circle saw. It really produces table saw quality cuts and comes with a
straight edge that requires no clamps to make straight cuts. A bit pricey
but you may end up kicking your self if you do not look at it before buying.

Keep in mind also that while a left blade enables you to see the cutting
line if holding the saw with your right hand, the left blade is intended for
a left handed user. The right hand is intended for a right handed user. If
you can see the blade while sawing you will also see the splinters coming
back at you . The Festool eliminates the need to look at the blade to cut a
precisely placed straight line. Used with a vacuum you can saw inside your
house and not have any clean up.

www.festoolusa.com

wrote in message

oups.com...

Looking to purchase a new circular saw (my cheap Skil just aint cuttin
it anymore, want to relegate it to concrete/masonry only).

Im not a pro, just a DIY-er. I was looking at a left blade Milwaukee
because Ive heard its a good deal for value, performance, weight,
etc. I played with a Bosch 1677MD at Lowes today, and Im rethinking
my Milwaukee decision. Granted it is heavier, but with the second
handle it seemed a lot easier to lug around, line up, etc.

So I guess Im asking if there are any non-pros out there that felt a
heavier worm drive worked out better than a sidewinder. I was
thinking the sidewinder as more of a "multi purpose" saw, and the worm
drive as more of a framing/construction saw, but Im not so sure after
holding one vs a sidewinder. I do some panel cutting for projects,
but mostly it would be used for decking, 2x4s here and there, etc
(i.e. Im not building a house or an addition ).

Thanks in advance.

-Chris- Hide quoted text -

-If you can see the blade while sawing you will also see the
splinters coming back at you .

The LH PC has a dust chute that plugs into the top of the saw so you
can direct the splinters towards your workmate.