Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Air Conditioner Working...But not Cold Enough

On Jul 11, 6:04 am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:52:08 -0700, samadams_2006 wrote:
My air conditioner is still "working", and when I go downstairs it's
cooler and I can feel the difference. The problem is that for some
reason there is not enough cold air coming out to cool my upstairs.
It's been working fine for the past 3 years, so this is a recent
problem that has developed.

So actually it's not working. Call a tech and have it looked at.

It could be many things and a pro is your best option. My neighbor had
the wrong filters so long his AC coil was cloged shut, cleaning the AC
coil, blower fan, condensor coils, having proper charge are normal
maintenance items that can save you alot. I have my unit checked every
year on a cheap maintenance contract,