Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Philips calls for a simple switch to reduce energy consumption

On Jul 8, 10:52 am, wrote:
By partnering with The Alliance for Climate Protection and the global
Live Earth concerts on July 7th 2007, Philips aims to inspire more
than two billion people to take simple steps, such as changing a light
bulb, to lead a more energy efficient life. I saw the details at

http://theanalystmagazine.com/pr/841.htm

.................................................. .......................

Carbon cedits or not .......................

We humans are using the resources of the planet without recycling
them. And there are way too many of us (humans that is!).

Maybe we will over-breed/over-produce ourselves out of existence?

Whether it is to build/buy our third fourth or fifth mega-mansion, fly
across the world in a jetplane, or just to varnish something ourselves
on a personal work bench, we are using materials that came from
nature.

Nature is finite:

Everything will rot and 'return to nature' eventually.

Perhaps millions of years hence our 'scraps' willl recycle and
reappear as something some living creature could again use?

And maybe a few tens of thousands of years from now some post humans
will be digging up our landfills and atomic waste dumps and saying, in
whatever language or speak then in vogue, "Lord what fools these
mortals were!". With apologies to Shakespeare, Puck, in Midsummer
Night's dream, IIRC?