Posted to alt.home.repair
RayV RayV is offline

Default Timer controlled thermostat

On Jul 11, 7:29 am, Jim wrote:
But I don't mean your run of the mill programmable type.

Presently we are having very warm and humid days. The central air
conditioning handles this properly. Then late at night as the outside
temperature drops the system doesn't call for cooling as often. Once
again this is normal operation.

But during this time the humidity indoors rises. Very good chance the
interior temperature will be stable enough not to call again for air
conditioning for the remainder of the night. Net result being that
sticky feeling.

Wondering if it is possible to find a thermostat, or other computer
controlled device perhaps, that will instruct the air conditioner to
cycle say once every 15 minutes for a 1 minute duration. User
adjustable, to assist in controlling the relative humidity without running
for excessive amounts of time.

Anything like this exist?

While Y'all are pondering Jim's question add this:

A programmable thermostat that allows a timer or cycle setting for the
circulation fan. I have a two story center hall colonial and of
course heat rises so upstairs is always warmer.