Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ross Herbert Ross Herbert is offline

Default Leak Point One

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:13:18 +0200, dadaderk
wrote:

hello everybody,

My dear Leak Point One is giving me trouble. I have this great tube

amp
for about 20 years now and always was a pleasure to listen to. I only
did some minor modifications in the beginning (I bridged and replaced
some capacitors). First time I put the power on in a room where it

was
very cold and the GZ34 went. I thougt it was the cold or the age of

the
tube. But now I put in another GZ34 and it also blew so there's my
question;
Has anyone had this before? All suggestions are most welcome. I

haven't
got the schematics so if anyone can send me a copy that would be even
better. Thanks in advance, Derk-Jan

A schematic of the Leak Point One can be found here
http://www.werple.net.au/~kiewavly/Leak/tl12_cct.gif It may or may not
be the same as your amp since there were a few iterations.

Some references
http://www.werple.net.au/~kiewavly/PointOne1.html
http://www.bassboy.com.au/getreel/si...k/tl12/amp.htm
http://www.turneraudio.com.au/leakampmods.html