Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] francesco.messineo@gmail.com is offline

Default Leak Point One

On 11 Lug, 11:13, dadaderk wrote:
hello everybody,

My dear Leak Point One is giving me trouble. I have this great tube amp
for about 20 years now and always was a pleasure to listen to. I only
did some minor modifications in the beginning (I bridged and replaced
some capacitors). First time I put the power on in a room where it was
very cold and the GZ34 went. I thougt it was the cold or the age of the
tube. But now I put in another GZ34 and it also blew so there's my
question;
Has anyone had this before? All suggestions are most welcome. I haven't
got the schematics so if anyone can send me a copy that would be even
better. Thanks in advance, Derk-Jan

Indeed without the schematic is hard to give you any suggestion. First
of all, what you mean with "blew"? Does the filament on the GZ34 burn
open?
In this case I'd first determine if the heater voltage on the GZ34
socket is 5V or not. Then check the AC voltages on the two anodes pin
on the socket, it should be no more than 450V (rms) from each anode
pin to common ground, probably less.
If you don't feel confident with high voltages, bring the amp to
someone who knows how to deal with it, it could be very dangerous.

Francesco