Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Note To Self: DO NOT _____

after a few weeks in Muscat in the summer, one can come to appreciate heat
and humidity - it's very special there.

40 to 50 c with at least 98% humidity - and then you have the solar
heating - makes anywhere in north america or europe seem chilly by
comparison

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 20:15:07 -0700, "
wrote:

Hi there Mac

What do you mean, me part-time ???

I always pictured you at the lathe at least 5 days a week, year round....
another myth crushed... lol

There was No air conditioning there either, we slept with a blanket on
if it dared go below 90F at night, and that was high humid heath, not
dry desert heat ;-.)).

Not dry here, either, especially at night.... gotta cut the air before you
walk
through it...

People lived without it for ever but the last century, and now seem to
revert to cave dwellers again, go from cooled house to cooled car to
cooled office to cooled store and cooled everything, and barely dare
to go outside, for it's too hot, whaaaaa.

I find that most people seem to cool their environment, nit themselves...
Then, the temperature difference between inside and outside is so great
that
they never go outside...

We only cool the shop and bedroom/office unless we have company, and the
units
are set on the highest temp available, 30 C... (about 86 or so, f ?)

The great room is usually about 90 during the day and doesn't seem
uncomfortable... If it starts feeling warm, we go outside for a smoke and
then
it feels real cool inside again... *g*

I think that a lot of it is being willing to acclimate.... I'm sure that
we'll
be wearing jackets during the winter eventually...

The folks that keep their houses at 65 degrees never will, I guess..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing