Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod & Betty Jo Rod & Betty Jo is offline

Default Electrical Safety Tip (of the day)

wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:03:31 -0700, "Rod & Betty Jo"
wrote:

How many people would identify a standard extension cord as having or
needing one plug and one outlet? Male and female plugs would be
pretty normal communication. Rod

I would say one plug cap and one receptacle.

Interesting.....since I thought male/female plugs were pretty common
terminology, at the listed links they do as well, nor in my brief search did
I find anything contrary except in a radio shack 9 ft extension cord catalog
item they refered to the cord as having one outlet at each end...I found
that really confusingG.....Rod

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/extensioncordinshape

http://www.thinkglink.com/Repairing_...nsion_Cord.htm

http://www.homeenvy.com/db/4/404.html