Posted to alt.home.repair
Abe M. Abe M. is offline

Default I Bought Gilbert Grape's House

On Jul 9, 11:44 am, Dan Espen
wrote:
"Abe M." writes:
Not exactly, but something very much like it. For over a million
bucks, you too can buy a crooked house in Hawaii ... Give me a break.

You're in Hawaii and you're complaining?

Stop, you're killing me!

If I can find a place to hang a hammock in your backyard
can I move in?

LOL. Sure, if you can hang green board and fix up gutters, fascia,
plumbing, ductwork, and the like.

I think the state motto for Hawaii should be changed to: "If you can't
stand the humidity, get out of the crawl space."

I agree with John about getting contractors to come out for estimates.
The good ones are booked for months. But if you have tens of thousands
of dollars to dangle in front of them, they come running quickly.
Window replacement and re-stucco'ing easily approaches $100K. As for
the foundation, I'm going with helical screws. If you're going to get
screwed, do it big time.