Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What is a fair electrician hourly rate

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article bbQki.4523$CJ4.3141@trndny08,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"jsanders" wrote in message
news:01d8d0e49f604a2351a8289d5503095f@homerepairli ve.com...

I had my basement done and I received a bill from the electrician in

the
amount of $3150.00. $2400 being labor. My wife said that he was at the

job
only about 10 to 14 hours. Do you think that is a good rate. He won't

show
on his invoice how many hours he worked?

He said he did not want people to know what he is charging?

To that 14 hours, add some travel time and shop time, so it may be

another
few hours, Even at 20hours, he is high. I'd expect to pay $75 to $100
depending on location.

75 to 100 might be expected for a minimum one hour or less service call,
but my electrician charges 30/hr, and I live in one of the most
expensive places in the country.

Then he's losing his ass by the hour!!!!