Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Got Lucky for a Gloat

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 02:42:53 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

"Mike M" wrote in message
.. .
Went into Lowes to check out cordless screwdrivers as I seem to b e
loosing a lot of tools lately. Anyway after looking at the Hitachi I
made some comments about them looking like tennis shoes as I had a
Hitachi router kit. Sales guy goes I've got one here under the the
counter we don't stock anymore and its missing the wrenches and
manuals. I could probably give it to you for $10. I take a look
and its a ML12VC. I have the same kit with both bases already so I go
OK. He calls a manager to confirm this and the manager wants $20. I
offer to split the difference, which is accepted so I got it for $15.
Still missing a cordless screwdriver but I'm smiling.

Damn, that is a gloat; you suck.
I have tried the same thing, but get offered 10% off or something like that.

Best part is my cordless screwdriver was in the shop when I got home
so I dont have to buy one. However the Hitachi is pretty sweet with
LI Battery, so I may have to go back.

Mike M