Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default My Final post about central heating.

On 2007-07-11 07:14:07 +0100, Ed Sirett said:

Agreed.
There must be a a way to connect a wall themostat to the combi.

There is but it's a proprietary room controller.

I haven't looked. If the room controller is a resitance type (a temperature
sensor) then it is more difficult. If it is 12, 24, 240v then it may be a
matter of installing a simple relay. It may be a case of getting at the
clock terminals to switch the boiler on and off for zoning. If the clock
can be remote then the wires can be got at easily. The existing integrated
clock can stay at the 24 hrs setting (always on) and clock stats fitted
elsewhere for each zone.