Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default My Final post about central heating.

"Dave Baker" wrote in message
The electrickery bits of central heating are absolutely not my thing

but I
can't see why, with any boiler, you can't have an external

controller
driving the zone valves and stats which produces a single output to

the
boiler telling it when to switch on. Even if you had to set the

boiler to be
on 24/7 with its own controls it would still only fire up when it

got a stat
signal saying the temperature was low enough. If the external

controller
sends this signal rather than having the stat itself wired directly

to the
boiler why wouldn't it work?

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but as I say, I really don't do
electrics.
--
Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

That's precisely how my Potterton Kingfisher 150CF is wired up. No
electronics in it at all, just a pc based external controller doing
zone control on 8 zones. The actual boiler went in in 1985 and is
working well, though the controller is a bit newer having run since
about 1998.

AWEM