Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default What is a fair electrician hourly rate

"jsanders" wrote in message
news:01d8d0e49f604a2351a8289d5503095f@homerepairli ve.com...

I had my basement done and I received a bill from the electrician in the
amount of $3150.00. $2400 being labor. My wife said that he was at the job
only about 10 to 14 hours. Do you think that is a good rate. He won't show
on his invoice how many hours he worked?

He said he did not want people to know what he is charging?

IF you have not paid him yet, you are in the enviable position of being
ahead of a sub.

If you have paid him, then all this is mental masturbation.

You can demand an itemized bill, and if you have differences with it, submit
it to your State's Contractor's Board or the Governor's Council for Consumer
Affairs for arbitration.

BUT, what did the original agreement/contract say? Or was there even one?
It's hard to hold someone to an agreement that was never put on paper.

Good luck.

Steve