Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
Tony Tony is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Never saw a volt meter that was capable of measuring line pressures for
calculating superheat and subcooling. VBG

Looked very odd to me, and I don't know anything about fixing A/Cs.

The tech needs to hook up gauges to the outdoor unit. He also needs to
take
temperature reading on both of the outdoor lines. They need to diagnose
what
is actually going on with this unit. Without the proper data, everything
is
a guess. Which is why NOBODY here can tell you what's wrong with your
unit.

When you get the following information, one can help you.

Suction Pressure
Head Pressure
Suction Line Temp
Liquid Line Temp
Ambient Temp
Condenser Temp
Indoor Return Temp
Indoor Supply Temp
Indoor WetBulb Temp
Compressor Amps
Rated Compressor Amps 11.5

(And make sure the electric elements are not ON!)

Kjpro is going to fix it for you he only posted
what I did 7/8 @ 4:14pm
Tony