Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Paint Color Matching Machines

HeyBub wrote:
Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Was just wondering about the machines, I guess they are called
Photometers, that most paint stores now seem to have to match colors.
The one where you put in a sample piece having the old color on it,
and it cranks out the formula for the new paint mix.

Last week-end I took a drive through a recently "gentrified" section of my
town. Several square miles. We're talking large, two story homes built, oh,
1900-1930, now all gussied up.

Every house was painted and trimmed in a different color! No two alike.

I would have hated, aboslutely hated, to be working the paint department at
the nearest Home Depot store for the past five years.

Don't see what difference it would make -- other than basic white,
everything has to be mixed anyway, and I'd wager 99.44% of the colors
simply came off the "select a color" paint chips which are programmed to
automagically mix them anyway...

Or did you have something else in mind???