Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sink fixture not apporved in my State - Suggestions

"dpb" wrote in message ...
RicodJour wrote:
On Jul 10, 11:19 am, Chris Friesen wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:07:46 -0000, wrote:
The significant others have choosen a regular sink, I think by an
Italian company, in a local store in Boston where I live. Everything
is fine, it fits the dimensions, but our plumber found out that is not
an list of Massachusetts approved list of residential plumbing
fixtures.
I bet it is the flow rate in the faucet that is "illegal". Have the
plumber put a cheap faucet in there for the inspector and then call
another plumber back to "repair" it later. (or do it yourself).
Why would the flow rate of a *faucet* have anything to do with whether
the *sink* is listed?

Some of the designer lavs don't have overflows. All those spiffy
looking glass, copper and stone sinks are just bowls with a hole in
the bottom. I wonder if that's the stumbling block with the fixture
listing.

Hadn't thought of that one, Rico -- at least a possibility. I had thought
perhaps the faucet set came w/ it as a package being an import and all...

But, I'm still hung up on why a local showroom would stock something that
can't be installed....that seems _most_ peculiar to me.

Maybe the OP could call the showroom and ask.

Nah. Never mind. That would make too much sense.