Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Adjustable 24V DC power

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:05:44 -0700, put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hi all,

I need some help here.
I want to verify a voltage "trip" point on a board that operates on
battery supplied 24vdc.
The maximum draw is about 600MA

The board should change to "recharge required" at 22VDC

My thought is to put some sort of resistor in line on the main battery
feed so I can slowly reduce the voltage to a point where it trips the
recharge indicator. A voltmeter after the resistor would allow me to
monitor the voltage level where the recharge indicator is activated.

I am not an electronics guru (obviously) so something "off the shelf"
would be great.
Maybe some type of adjustable resistor? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Make up a bank of series cells, eg 14 or 15 AA alkalines, or C or D
cells if you can justify the cost. Just do your testing quickly.
Otherwise try to disconnect the load section of your circuit and keep
the sensing section operating.

- Franc Zabkar