Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default My Final post about central heating.

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Matt wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:00:05 +0100, Mike Barnard
wrote:

My Worcester Bosch boiler cannot be activated by external zone
controls. So says the techie's at WB themselves. I've spent hours
and hours and a couple of hundred pounds doing the zone thing. I tried
to sort the controls today and couldn't figure out how to connect them
to the boiler. So I called WB tech support and my boiler (which is
only 2 years old FFS!" cannot take it. No way. "Can't I bodge a
control in somewhere?" Nope. The text display controls it all. There
is no single 'lightitupnow' connection in there.

What crap. WB Tech support are wrong.

What model boiler is it?

According to what I found, they are sadly correct.

There must be something that the TR2 can indicate that tells the boiler
it is getting a bit nippy in the room though, causing it to turn on. So
the next question is how to simulate that.

--
Cheers,

John.