Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.hvac
Tony Tony is offline

Default A/C working properly? Cost - lower temp?

KJPRO the only qualification you have
kiddy garden and that would be to advance for you
I am suggesting more like day care.
son grow up.
Tony

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote in message
Oh my... you did it again. Since you're a refrigeration tech, why don't
you
keep your mouth shut when it comes to residential air conditioning
systems??

Replies follow...

Carie?
#1 I have posted before from what I read in posting?
If you apartment Is 1500 Sq. feet, tomb rule "you need 3 ton".

She has a 800 sq ft apartment. I know it's hard for you to know this as
it's
in her FIRST post!!
She also has a Goodman 2 ton unit, as this is in her SECOND post!!

#2 If you AC unit is drawing only around 15 amps at full load
your unit is only 1,1/2 ton "not big enough".

Then how can Goodman get by with the following information for a 2-ton
unit??

"Compressor RLA 11.5"

#3 If you unit is freezing out side as some one posted?
you have heat pump and it is working in reveres.

Nothing has been said about the unit freezing. Nothing has been said about
heat pump. Even though, by the model number it is a heat pump. But the
fact
remains that it doesn't even have to bee a heat pump for freezing
conditions
to show up!!

#4 If you unit is heat pump and it has booster heaters for
winter see that are not ON at same time while is cooling.

Wow, now there's an original thought. rolleyes
Why don't you check the model number? It is a heat pump!

#5 If your unit have high back pressure and low discharge
pressure it is good possibility that compressor is going bad.

Have you saw anything posted on the operating pressures??

#6 If unit is heat pump you definitely need to check
operating pressures looking at unit would not help.

Once again, model number says it's a HP!
But even if it wasn't a HP, we would still need the operating pressures
and
temperatures!!

#7 If it is heat pump mechanic must check switching or
diverting solenoid's which make change from winter to
summer condition.

Once again, it's a HP.

#8 Last but not least source power and that compressor
is running continuously and not shutting down intermittently

Brillant, just brillant!!

I believe you have stated that at one time was working ok
Then check # 3,4,5,6,7&8
Tony
www.cas-environ.com

I believe that you need training in the HVAC field, if you want to
actually
post helpful information!