Posted to alt.home.repair
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Help me save my bedroom furniture

desgnr wrote:
My bedroom furniture has damaged tops,from putting water glasses on them
thru the years.
It looks like the tops are Flakeboard with a Photo finsh paper.( wood
design )
What can i do to make the tops look good ?

Find a peel-n-stick which matches closely enough, sand the existing tops
smooth, apply some shellac to seal the flakeboard, sand again,
thoroughly clean the surface with a tack cloth, apply the peel-n-stick,
roll or press to ensure a good bond, trim carefully. Done properly it
won't look any worse than the original and will probably be more durable
because of the shellac will substantially protect the flakeboard.

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]