Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Is it entirely me, or does the cheap chainsaw share the blame?

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:15:52 -0500, dpb wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:47:49 +0000, Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Toller" wrote:
I have never had much luck with chainsaws, but then I have always bought
junk.
Gee, do you think there might be a connection there?
Currently I have a Craftsman 16" 36cc.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...l=Sears&BV_Use
BVCookie=Yes

Although I haven't used it much, it barely cuts and when I push it the blade
just stops.
I bet you put the chain on backwards when you assembled it.
Will the chain still drive correctly backwards? I don't have any
experience with putting one on that way And I don't want to go down to
the shed to look at mine (95 degrees here at 2 pm)

"Correctly?" No. Will it stay on and go around for at least a little
while? Yeah...DAMHIKT!!! (Not paying attention one day...

I didn't think so. Certainly not well enough to get as far as starting to
cut something and wondering why it won't. ...

Well, actually, it did stay on and I actually did put it to the limb
when it became patently clear I had screwed up...iirc, it didn't jump,
just smoked really nicely...