Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] scott21230@gmail.com is offline

Default What is a fair electrician hourly rate

On Jul 10, 1:36 pm, "jsanders" wrote:
I had my basement done and I received a bill from the electrician in the
amount of $3150.00. $2400 being labor. My wife said that he was at the job
only about 10 to 14 hours. Do you think that is a good rate. He won't show
on his invoice how many hours he worked?

He said he did not want people to know what he is charging?

I think you can do the math....

2400/14 = 171.42, but that doesn't count the time that they spent
doing the estimate, acquiring parts, driving to your house (probably
twice), overhead, etc, which would add the equivalent to several more
hours.

Having said that, if someone doesn't want you to know how much they
charge by the hour, I assume because it's probably too much.