Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default What is a fair electrician hourly rate

jsanders wrote:

I had my basement done and I received a bill from the electrician in the
amount of $3150.00. $2400 being labor. My wife said that he was at the job
only about 10 to 14 hours. Do you think that is a good rate. He won't show
on his invoice how many hours he worked?

He said he did not want people to know what he is charging?

I can see why!

Where are you and what about travel time, other shop time if the job
required anything special, who did the parts procurement, etc., ...

And, of course, we have no clue where you are -- rates in downtown San
Francisco don't quite correlate w/ somewhere in Anywhere, USA.

What kind of contractual arrangement did you have? What level of detail
you're entitled to see is dependent on that and whatever rules/laws are
in your governing jurisdiction...