Posted to alt.home.repair
Zephyr Zephyr is offline

Default Hot upstairs cool downstairs

Keep in mind though, running the 'fan' will increase your cost of operation
while increasing your comfort level. While moving the air through out, it
will also bring heat from the attic through the duct insulation to your
living space.

--
Zyp

"Don Young" wrote in message

"batman" wrote in message
oups.com...
My upstairs is really hot during the summer and my downstairs stays
cool. My dad told me to start adding more insulation to the upstairs
attic. I am doing this but will that help the upstairs to cool down?
Half of my upstairs is finished and there is 1 vent in each bedroom
(total of 2) I do not see anyreturn duct work. If I install that will
that help?

In addition to the other good suggestions, you can try setting the AC fan
switch to ON so that the fan runs all the time. This will help equalize

the
temperatures. Be really sure that your filter is clean and the blower is
moving as much air as possible.

Don Young