Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Is it entirely me, or does the cheap chainsaw share the blame?

Toller wrote:
I have never had much luck with chainsaws, but then I have always
bought junk.

Currently I have a Craftsman 16" 36cc.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...0&vertical=Sea
rs&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Although I haven't used it much, it barely cuts and when I push it
the blade just stops. Getting through anything more than a branch
is an ordeal; but I see professionals going through 3' logs like
butter.

When was the last time the chain was sharpened? Depth gauges the
right height? Have you the proper tension on the chain (not too
tight)? Checked the drive gear and bar?

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...