Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default My Final post about central heating.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Mike Barnard wrote:
My Worcester Bosch boiler cannot be activated by external zone
controls. So says the techie's at WB themselves. I've spent hours
and hours and a couple of hundred pounds doing the zone thing. I tried
to sort the controls today and couldn't figure out how to connect them
to the boiler. So I called WB tech support and my boiler (which is
only 2 years old FFS!" cannot take it. No way. "Can't I bodge a
control in somewhere?" Nope. The text display controls it all. There
is no single 'lightitupnow' connection in there.

If it can be controlled by an external thermostat it can be controlled by
zone valves. That's not to say a ready made interface is available, though.

My thoughts exactly. What is needed is a diagram of how to..

Which I can probably do..

If we know how the boiler expects to be controlled.