Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default How to add indicator light to gas oven

In article ,
Rocko wrote:

We have a 6 month old GE gas oven in our home. It is the most basic
model oven, with no light to indicate when the oven is on. It was
purchased by the previous owner of the house.

I would like to add a little LED light that is on when the oven is on,
to help prevent us from accidently leaving it on after we are done
using it.

Can someone please give me the basic idea of how I would do this? I
am comfortable with basic wiring, and I figure I would have to find a
wire that is live when the oven is on. How do I go about doing that?
Just open the back and start probing with a voltmeter? Is there an
easier way?

thanks

Uh, I'm missing something here. Isn't the *most basic* gas oven devoid
of electrical supply at all?